Fw: [casi] Re: Dr's tell hoe childtrens deaths became propogandw

> "A minor problem: the overthrow of a sovereigm government, whatever its
hue,
> is illegal in international law, as a major conference by international
law
> experts will explain in London this coming week end.

>Therefore it seems, any
> new authority is based on legal quicksand (but here we'll await the
> lawyers.)"

A lot of TX lawyers are on the way. No doctors, but hundreds of lawyers..

DALLAS, TX --(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 22, 2003--
Legal Task Force Leverages Expertise in International Law and Developing
Business in Countries in Transition

 Haynes and Boone, LLP, an international corporate law firm, recently
announced the formation of its Iraq Transactions and Claims Practice Group,
built to assist clients in securing business opportunities in the risky and
uncertain markets emerging in Iraq. The firm will leverage its attorneys'
expertise in working with countries in transition, its excellent
governmental contacts, and the firm's extensive knowledge and experience of
establishing a viable business presence in the international arena.

For the first time in twelve years, U.S. and U.N. sanctions may be lifted
permitting foreign companies to enter and conduct business in Iraq. Haynes
and Boone's Iraq Transactions and Claims Practice Group stands ready to
assist clients in navigating their way through all legal and regulatory
barriers involved in securing Iraqi commercial and governmental contracts
and resolving conflicts over claims.

"As of today it has not been determined what laws will be applicable to the
new Iraq," said Doug Stinemetz, Partner, Haynes and Boone, LLP. "That is why
it is absolutely essential for companies wanting to secure business
opportunities in Iraq to have legal counsel in place who can not only
provide expertise on all aspects of international business, but can also
expedite the process of negotiating governmental contracts and services.
More importantly, companies should look for counsel with the ability to
anticipate and plan for the new opportunities that will arise as the country
continues to rebuild and define itself."

The firm has created a strategic team of attorneys that include
transactional practitioners who are available not only to structure and
document international projects in Iraq, but also to travel to the host
country to negotiate and close deals. The team also consists of finance
attorneys who are experienced in project finance and other forms of
specialized international credit facilities required for the new Iraq, and
international trade attorneys who currently are assisting clients overcome
the continuing restrictions on trade and investment in Iraq, and are working
closely with U.S. government agencies that are directing many of the initial
projects in Iraq. The team also includes international claims lawyers who
are well acquainted with litigating commercial, tort, and international law
claims in arbitrations and courts world-wide, such as are likely to arise
from the change in the Saddam Hussein regime. Attorneys participating in the
group have over twenty-five years' experience working with U.S. and foreign
companies on post-regime change disputes, including prosecuting claims
before the Iran-U.S. Claims Tribunal in the 1980's, and others have
extensive experience in business transactions in several near-east countries
in transition.

"One of the key issues facing Iraq's new regime is whether it will honor the
obligations and contracts of the Saddam Hussein government," said Ken
Reisenfeld, Partner, Haynes and Boone, and Vice Chair, ABA Section of
International Law & Practice. "Many foreign companies operating in Iraq
under the Hussein regime are now facing an uncertain future which will
likely cause a wave of international commercial disputes."
 The attorneys on the Haynes and Boone Iraq Transactions and Claims Practice
Group, by way of example, have worked on the following types of projects
related to Iraq:

--  Advise on U.S. and U.N. sanctions issues and obtaining the necessary
approvals for the commencement of business in Iraq.
--  Review and analysis of effectiveness of production sharing agreements
and related oilfield service contracts predating the change in regime, and
possible claims related thereto.
--  Advise on the positioning of U.S. and other companies for commencement
of business in Iraq, including obtaining strategic intelligence on current
conduct of business in Iraq.
--  Assistance in formation of investment groups and/or investment vehicles
for conduct of offshore business in Iraq.

    Haynes and Boone has a particular focus on the energy industry in Iraq
and is fully conversant with all major forms of agreements for exploration
and production of petroleum internationally, their financing and the
resolution of claims arising within the petroleum industry worldwide. The
firm is also active in the construction and telecommunications sectors in
transitional economies, and provides related legal support for its Iraq
practice in the following areas: international oil and gas, energy finance
and project finance, oilfield services, international acquisition and
securities, export controls and sanctions, international arbitration and
claims, governmental service and contracts, international regulatory
compliance programs and enforcement actions (FCPA and antiboycott), and
environmental expertise.

Haynes and Boone, LLP is an international corporate law firm with nine
offices throughout Texas, Washington, D.C. and Mexico City providing a full
spectrum of legal services to clients around the world. With more than 425
attorneys, Haynes and Boone is ranked among the largest law firms in the
nation by National Law Journal. AmLaw Tech Magazine Scoreboard ranked Haynes
and Boone first in law firm technology in 2001. The firm has been recognized
as one of the 25 "Best U.S. Law Firms at Which to Work" (Of Counsel 2000) as
one of the "Best Corporate Law Firms in America" (Corporate Board Member
Magazine, 2002), and for its commitment to diversity by the Minority
Corporate Counsel Association's 2002 Thomas L. Sager Award.

CONTACT: Sunwest Communications
Ginger Ruth Starr or Alison Gentry, 214/373-1601

 KEYWORD: TEXAS DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA MEXICO INTERNATIONAL LATIN
AMERICA
 INDUSTRY KEYWORD: LEGAL/LAW ENVIRONMENT ENERGY OIL/GAS REAL ESTATE
    SOURCE: Haynes and Boone, LLP

Business Wire   http://tinyurl.com/co7b