Re: [casi] [Fwd: Harvest time: occupier vs. occupied

In a message dated 05/19/2003 4:28:06 AM Central Daylight Time,
hasseini@yahoo.com writes:

> Peter may understand Alexander's thought as he wishes,

I must agree with Hassan.  I recall being frustrated at many of the opinions
of Alexander, however like Hassan I don't recall anyone trying to prevent
Alexander's posts and have generally learned more from the exchanges than
from many others.

This exchange has been a rather interesting one for me.  The most interesting
portion is perhaps the perspectives that surprised me.  As to whether Elga
"doesn't care" about what happens to the Kurds, I cant imagine an attribution
that would be further from who Elga is.  She has (previous posts and personal
emails) always struck me as a very caring person, for all of hu(wo)manity.

As to Alexander being the "most informed" concerning the Kurds, 'history' and
'fact' are interesting things as well.  Fact is not the only thing which
informs opinion.  Bias informs opinion often as much as fact and sometimes
far more.  Alexander, Peter, Roger, Elga, Hassan and the rest are subject to
Bias's pressure.

An anti-sanctions, antiwar member.

Roger Stroope
Austin College