Re: [casi] Crocodile tears..

>The article says that the "the marshlands [in Iraq]
>have been desiccated through the combined actions of
>We don't know either if the issue of the DU would be
>an important one for the training of the Iraqi

Neither do we know what is meant by "restoration". I heard someone on the
radio (I forget who -- maybe USAID, on BBC) a few weeks ago saying that
the goal of restoration had to be defined:

Was all the land to be restored? Did it need to put back in original
condition, wiht original species? Need it be made habitable, or be
inhabited? Would any Madan live there, or are have they now been
transformed to live another life style? Who stands to profit??

One should keep in mind the "restoration" which timber companies do in
the US, where the diverse ecosystems of old-growth forest is replaced
with little else but fast-growing pine trees, which can eventually be
harvested -- and that's called "conservation".