Re: [casi] Opposition Countries complete sellout

>Officials have signalled that the US is ready to breach >UN sanctions if
they are not lifted. This week the US >lifted its own sanctions which
have prevented
>American companies exporting equipment to Iraq for a >decade.

I would hope that the UN does not go along with this and force the US to
breach the UN sanctions, further establishing it's outlaw status. And
yet, the US is holding the Iraqi people hostage, and may well keep
rufusing to fulfill it's obligations as occupiers, and denying access by
aid organizations, using sanctions as an excuse. As long as the national
leaders of the world are gutless and greedy the situation will continue
to deteriorate, and the Iraqis will suffer the consequences.
For all of the complexity and political camouflage it's just the old
story of the conquering warlords pillaging the villagers. The US was
right in saying that appeasement is a losing policy -- except that it is
the US which should not be appeased.