Re: [casi] Rumsfeld : 'Blitzkrieg modeling'

http://tinyurl.com/b5t9
London Telegraph

Bush was like Hitler, says weapons man
By Hannah Cleaver in Berlin
(Filed: 07/05/2003)

Scott Ritter, a former United Nations weapons inspector, has compared the
invasion of Iraq to Hitler's invasion of Poland.

He told the Berliner Zeitung newspaper that 130 Americans had died "for a
lie", adding: "I see no difference between the invasion of Iraq and the
invasion of Poland in 1939."

Both invasions were based on what he said was an artificial argument of self
defence. President George W Bush had used the September 11 attacks as Hitler
used the 1933 burning of the Reichstag to repress domestic dissidents.

Mr Ritter, who resigned as an inspector in 1998 saying Saddam Hussein's
regime was hindering his work, said he did not now believe there were
weapons of mass destruction in the country.

He called for inspectors to be sent back to obtain confirmation, so that UN
sanctions could be lifted.

"The inspectors have to finish their work," he said. "This time they must
also have the courage to say that the US has not told the truth."