Re: [casi] Ledeen's latest whopper

Coincidence?

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=163474&contrassID=2

Tuesday May 6, 2003
Ha' aretz

U.S.-Israel strategic talks focus on threats from Iran and Iraq
By Nathan Guttman

WASHINGTON - Israel and the U.S. met for another round in their strategic
dialogue in Washington yesterday, focusing on regional threats to Israel,
primarily from Iran and Iraq.

Minister Dan Meridor led the Israeli delegation team, which included
National Security Adviser Uzi Dayan, the prime minister's adviser Danny
Ayalon, and Foreign Ministry director-general Avi Gil. The American team
included deputy secretary of state Richard Lee Armitage and deputy secretary
of defense Dr. Paul Wolfowitz.

In past discussions, Israel has brought up the threat posed by Iranian and
Iraqi attempts to procure missiles and non-conventional weapons, and
Israel's situation in any future attack by the U.S. against Saddam Hussein's
regime.

Last Friday, the American committee that monitors the transfer of weapons
and know-how from the former Soviet Union to Iran also held talks.

Strategic talks between the U.S. and Israel do not formulate policy
conclusions. Their purpose is to keep an open channel on matters of
long-term strategic importance. Details of the Israeli-Palestinian dispute,
for example, are not discussed.