Re: Re # 2: [casi] Unfree stuff happens to free Iraqis!

># 2a : The economic aspect - Western style

>commodities are valued in dollars, the US needs do no >more than print
pieces of green paper to obtain them: it >acquires them, in effect, for
free.

Except if too many are printed the dollar falls with inflation.Switching
to the euro would help -- and if the dollar becomes unstable it would be
desirable. But controlling the international money market is quite
difficult.

Perhaps if a carefully crafted boycott was developed the people
themselves could have an effect. Possibly a difference of only 5 or 10
percent would tip the balance. US unemployment has reached 6%, making
many people very unhappy, and that might be increased by targetting
specific sectors.

But this is a subject far beyond *my* ken.