Re: [casi] Perle: from US State Department

In a message dated 5/2/2003 7:37:11 PM Central Daylight Time, ppg@nyc.rr.com
writes:

> Iraqis are freer today and we are safer.  Relax and enjoy it.
>
> (Richard Perle, assistant secretary of defense in the Reagan
> administration, is a member of the Defense Policy Board, which advises
> the Pentagon on military affairs.)

reprehensible commentary from richard perle continues to contaminate our
decency. the " relax and enjoy it" ending brought to mind the disgusting
comment made sometime ago by an american weather newscaster (see below).
it is altogether in keeping with the "rape of iraq" that we are witnessing
with apprehension and disgust...
tony

<<<<< Tex Antoine was the weatherman on WABC's "Eyewitness News" in the early
'70s. I believe it was in 1974, when after a story on a rape attack in NYC,
Tex "jokingly" said something to the effect of "When rape is inevitable,
relax and enjoy it", and was promptly fired (I recall watching this on tv
during dinner, and my mother's shock at the remark). I believe he made an
attempted comeback a short time before his death, but his poor judgment in
that one instance essentially ruined the career of what was otherwise a witty
and talented newscaster.

-