Re: [casi] reconstruction charities

I usually point people in the direction of CARE International.
http://www.careinternational.org.uk

They have been in Iraq since 1991 and one of the very few in the
Southern/central part of Iraq. Having met some of them they seem like a
good group doing practical, often long-term, projects.  The main
organisers in Iraq actually live there which is good.

See their website for what they have done since the invasion and for how
to donate.

Emma
Voices

In message
<Pine.SOL.4.44.0304271650100.23710-100000@green.csi.cam.ac.uk>, Daniel
O'Huiginn <do227@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes

>Hi all,
>CASI has been receiving a fair number of emails asking for advice on
>making donations to humanitarian organisations working in Iraq. I wonder
>if list members have had good or bad experiences of particular
>organisations, or have any insight into where donations would do the most
>good at present? There has been particular interest in giving money to
>groups run by Iraqis, rather than international aid organisations, so
>comments on this would be greatly appreciated.
>
>All the best,
>Dan O'Huiginn

>Daniel O'Huiginn
>do227@cam.ac.uk