[casi] donations to humanitarian organizations RUN BY IRAQIs - request for information, please

I saw this request posted at Britain's C.A.S.I.
(Campaign Against Sanctions on Iraq) and am passing it
on for anyone who can advise this poster.  The idea
strikes me as just right.  Donations should be given
to the occupied people who have suffered and died, not
the invaders who have done the bombing and killing.
Lisa, quoting from the C.A.S.I. forum:

"CASI has been receiving a fair number of emails
asking for advice on making donations to humanitarian
organisations working in Iraq. I wonder if list
members have had good or bad experiences of particular
organisations, or have any insight into where
donations would do the most good at present? There has
been particular interest in giving money to groups run
by Iraqis, rather than international aid
organisations, so comments on this would be greatly
appreciated.