Re: [casi] Hungary will say no - to stay alive

                                                                        April 27, 2003

Dear Attila and list,

   I too hope that Hungary will resist becoming  another lackey of the U.S.   demand for lots of
foreign flags to cloak its gross violations of International Law. Let Hungary  also quit   NATO in
favor of neutrality like Ireland and
Austria.

    Hungarians never  contemplated being "invited" to join in sanitizing such gross war crimes as
the violation of Article 54, paragraph  2 of Protocol One (1977) of the Geneva Convention which
explicitly prohibits, under any circumstance
or pretense,  the destruction or rendering useless of objects indispensable to the survival of
civilians such as water treatment plants.

    Every day that the U.S. postpones  full electric power ,deployment  of  necessary parts and
payment of salaries to the staff of  all  of Iraq's  water treatment plants is another attack on
all infants (first "theirs" then our own   via
the inevitable blowback generated by such crimes that they " violated the mute earth").

  Perhaps Hungarians feared such shameful   "invitations" when it had been  coerced into the Warsaw
Pact.   Surely Hungarians would have never agreed to  joining  NATO had they contemplated an
"invitation" to participated in normalizing
mass  slaughter of the innocents-- see www.iraqbodycount.org for a tally of just the directly
Iraqi victims of U.S/UK bombs -- the collateral damage.

      A full decade after the first George the First's Desert Slaughter, U.S. citizens  were
finally told by the U.S. Air Force publication "Air and Space Power Chronicles" that the collateral
damage = directly blown-apart Iraq civilians
numbered "only" 3,000 dead -- a "triumph" of precision weapons. . The toll of Iraqi civilians the
U.S. and its allies  killed indirectly (but predictably and even inevitably as any first year
public health or medical student would
understand immediately)  is estimated at  100,000  by the U.S.A.F.. These 100,000  civilians died
in  short order  because of massive water contamination due to coalition targeting   electrical
power  and resulting in  floods of human
waste entering  the drinking water which led inevitablyly to epidemics.  In addition, attacking and
rendering useless the water system doubled the Iraqi infant mortality rate, (see p1, paragraph 2 of
the "Contributor's Corner" the May,
2001 issue of "Air and Space Power Chronicles", available on the internet.

     Amazingly, the A.F. author reassures us  of the legality, ethics and conformity to A.F. policy
of this strategy on ground of "double effect" -- casuistry not permitted by Article 54 though
trumpeted as an example of "Elements of
Effect Operations" in the current USAF doctrine document "Strategic Attack" "2-1.2", signed off by
the Major General in charge of doctrine. See for yourself on the internet.

   It might be persuasive to any vacillating Hungarians  to point out the large number of countries
(including Iraq) which began by jointing U.S. alliances (the Baghdad pack in the case of Iraq, if
memory serves), got lots of $$$ and
intelligence and weapons, then  bleed  on behalf of  U.S. interests (the horrific war against Iran)
and and finally were treated to slow genocide by sanctions and two slaughters by the U.S., which
reduced  Iraq to little  mere  than a a
series of "killing boxes"  to showcase the latest U.S. weapons and as a place to  plunder and to
"demonstrate American  credibility" to any country that dared not  grovel to the Leader of  Western
Civilization.

   Perhaps those better versed in history than I can enumerate the  list of  countries which have
also  performed the  dance of  Yankee death (or a minor variant):

                        The  D. of Y. D 3-step:

        1) Join a U.S. "defensive" alliance.
        2) Do Uncle Sam's "wet"  work  (internally or externally).
        3) Get slaughtered  whenever it's expedient for  Uncle Sam to demo and market its  newest
weapons, distract its own citizenry from the shredding of its own Bill of Rights and  the looting
of its  stock marker by George's chums or
whatever...

Sincerely,

Tom, who hopes  to take pride again in being born Hungarian.

p.s. to Attila and other Hungarians on CASI, if you think it will be helpful, please feel free to
send this to any Hungarian newspaper, etc. as a letter to the editor.