[casi] "Spooks Lose the Iraq Plot?"

Le Monde claims the Rumsfeld/Hussein fix was in...Did no one tell the
Russians?  pg

http://tinyurl.com/9pnt

Moscow Times
Thursday, Apr. 17, 2003
Spooks Lose the Iraq Plot

With the war all but over and the victors clear, many in Russia are asking
questions: Why did our military and intelligence people get it all wrong?
Why did they tell yarns about "resolute Iraqi resistance," when the regime
and its armies were crumbling? Did these falsehoods seriously affect
national decision-making, and is the spin still continuing?

The Iraqi crisis created a multitude of strange bedfellows. As late as April
7, the Guardian newspaper carried a story piling praise on a group of
unnamed Russians, who during the war published daily assessments of the
campaign on a number of web sites under the collective pseudonym "Ramzaj."

The Guardian story assumed that the Ramzaj group was an alias for Russian
military intelligence, or GRU, and that this was "really the one source of
reliable information on this war -- coming from Russian spies." Many
Russians asked me: Who is Ramzaj? So I did some investigating. . . ...  ..