Re: [casi] DynCorp

re : Dyncorp & CSC.

...Insight has learned that the U.S. State Department's Bureau of
International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs has issued a $22 million
contract to DynCorp Aerospace Operations (UK) Ltd., a subsidiary of Computer
Sciences Corporation (CSC), to "re-establish police, justice and prison
functions in postconflict Iraq."
"The contract," according to one congressional aide who asked not to be
identified, "was sole-sourced for one year. But this contract could come to
$500 million before it's through."

"There are some strange things about how this contract was issued," the aide
continues, "because why would CSC use an offshore subsidiary. Is it so they
won't have to pay taxes on this money? Also, why wasn't this contract put up
for bid? Why was DynCorp the chosen recipient?"

Indeed, DynCorp has many federal contracts. But sole-sourcing of this
contract has raised eyebrows for some at the State Department and in
Congress where aides want answers about this deal and others coming down the
pike.

And concerning DynCorp's contract, some in Congress are wondering why State
would issue a sole-source bid to a company that has had some "recent"
problems overseas in similiar roles.

For example, last year alone was not only sued but paid large settlements to
two former employees who blew the whistle on corporate managers and
employees who engaged in sex trafficking in Bosnia?

more..

http://www.insightmag.com/news/415933.html