[casi] the REAL Iraqis are not dancing in the streets - response to Yasser Alaskary

I don't want or intend this to be an argument, but I
must comment on your note, which I am not certain I
understand.  No, I STILL don't know what the Iraqis
felt or wanted.  My understanding is that most of them
hated Saddam but hated the idea of being invaded with
huge numbers of killings even more.  And I DO know
that I live in a country whose leaders are notorious
for lying and I know that the corporate media follow
suit.  Therefore, when I see an opposing view that I
know won't make it to CNN, and it comes through
reliable sources, I feel it should be posted.  I've
seen the wide-angle lens photo-op pictures of Iraqis
tearing down Sadam's statue.  The one used in
magazines makes it appear that huge numbers of people
were in on this.  The wide-angle photo shows evidence
that it was a clearly staged event.

My purpose in these posts is just to try to combat the
INCESSANT lying that accounts for why 71 percent of
the U.S. stands firmly behind Bush.  If we had an open
media and 67 percent of these people (according to the
LA Times) didn't rely SOLELY on cable tv for war news,
huge numbers of people would not feel so good about
the U.S. winning this so-called war.

The person who wrote this account wrote it as prime
source material.  She is THERE.  I don't know her, and
I don't know you.  I DO know that the government here
lies.  Lying feeds ignorance.  And ignorance kills
little kids in not-so-nice ways.

Lisa