Re: [casi] Beginning of the End of our Struggle for freedom

mr salih
forgive me. i am trying to understand the logic of your points of rebuttal.
1) i suspect your first sentence is stated jocularly, in the same sense that
an american father may tell his child "i brought you into this world, and i
can take you out of it", followed by hearty laughter. it is understood that
threat is indeed absurd. so i will allow you your humor.
then you go on to describe an america that resolves differences amongst
competing groups by peaceful means and , as you say, "to the mutual benefit
of those groups". yes of course, the american declaration of independence and
constitution are two extraordinary documents that provide the philosophical
and humanist underpinnings that allow for fair and equitable and peaceful
resolution of competing issues. while occasionally these may be interpreted
parochially, they more often than not have  a universal appeal. also the
sense of these documents, as an american sees them, is that they ought to
function as well in america's dealings with other cultures and other nations.
the sense of mutual interest is appealing and compelling... and even if other
nations' interests and "american  interests" are "mutually" exclusive, some
efforts at peaceful resolution should be permitted and mediation by
international organizations welcomed without ultimatums . should american
interests not invalidate all others? do you see that? or should the United
States be crowned a Caesar to and over the world then
all others can indeed " render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to
God the things that are God's" mark 12:17. you mentioned caesar. perhaps  you
are correct about this kindly "hegemon". you really think the non-english
speaking folks should simply accept that fact? how do we best convince them?
2) the american justice  of the constitution and bill of rights, of the
declaration of independence  and magna charta took form exclusively of
dialectic materialism  and marxist philosophies---geez, i also don't know
what any of that means--- . should  george bush, on the american side at
least, not pay proper respect to these and work within their constraints. he
may invoke his god and initiate crusades, but is that not contrary to the
humanism of these documents? the american democracy has been transformed
effectively into a one-party system, but then that is considerd good in order
to protect and expand "american interests"...there is a certain club-like
exclusivity to that expression...he clearly has the help and admiration of
many arabs like you...i am tempted to join your club, but, to paraphrase
another Marx,..." i would not join a club that would have me as member"
3) i do not understand any portion of this paragraph. please try again, some
of us are indeed confused!
oh yes , it is difficult for me to discuss a post-saddam future when the
scenario must include foreign occupation, a  foreign military governor and a
new mutassarrifa in the middle east.
pleasefogive me for not joining that discussion.
tony