Re: [casi] Beginning of the End of our Struggle for freedom

Dear AK,

You seem rather critical of the CASI list. But, believe it or not, many on
this list, to which you seem to be a guest, have been critical of
Saddam Hussein since a number of years. In your praise of US/UK leaders,
do you recall with who's help the Baathists came to power, and who, outside
Iraq itself, supported SH, when it was expedient to do so? Have you ever
considered what the real motivations of esp. the US, but also
Britain, really are? Do you think that what has driven them is
democratisation for the Iraqi peoople?

It is hoped you will not forget to spare some thoughts for the very many
maimed for life, or killed, in this war (and, yes, also by Saddam Hussein!),
of those who now are orphaned or homeless or in hopital, those who have seen
family or friends suffer and die. Please remember, too, the hundreds of
thousands of innocent children, who died because of brutal sanctions
(because the price, the politicians told us, was worth it!

Your hopes, for a better future, is something we would share in. For the
present, whilst the shooting and bombings continue, whilst there is
major criminality looting & general mayhem, either by those in uniform or in
civilian clothes, it is plain for all to see that the after-effects of this,
by international standards, illegal war will remain, for many years to come.
Not everyone, in Baghdad, or elsewhere in Iraq, will have reason to be
dancing in the streets.

With kind regards,

Bert Gedin.