[casi] Beginning of the End of our Struggle for freedom

If the Iraqi people as you suggest would prefer a colonial Iraq under US/UK rule with the
interference of Israel then I would respect their choice and be jumping for joy right now.

I don't believe however that is the case  it's one thing to be rid of Saddam. The old argument if
you don't support the war you support Saddam is ridiculous. Saddam was supported and armed by the
current invaders for long enough after all.

I did not support the war and do not support the occupation for many reasons.

Iraq is a sovereign country and invasion under lies and threats for the economic benefit of the
US/UK/Israel is not valid under any reading of international law apart from being morally wrong.

The model for Iraq [Afghanistan] is still in a state of chaos and lawlessness everything other than
Kabul is run by warlords many of whom should be in a war crimes court not swimming in American
built pools.

The overwhelming force of evil weapons used and the toll on civilians is no cause for celebration
as far as I'm concerned. It's a legacy that will haunt Iraq for a long time to come. The US are
just not good at cleaning up after their arms shows.

The death and injury are not over yet for Afghanistan anymore than Iraq - listen to words of an
American soldier - “The Iraqis are sick people and we are the chemotherapy," said Corporal Ryan
Dupre. “Wait till I get hold of a friggin' Iraqi. No, I won't get hold of
one. I'll just kill him.” (The Times)

Celebration is not for me hope however is. I think that might be why people subscribe to lists such
as CASI we haven't yet given up hope.

RT