[casi] Assyrian Zinda Magazine

http://www.zindamagazine.com.

Assyrian Zinda Magazine

Dear Reader,

It's over.  Thirty years of brutality, terror, and torment for 24 million
Iraqis ended as American troops were greeted by cheering crowds in Baghdad
today.  The United States Vice President Dick Cheney earlier officially
declared the end of Saddam Hussein's regime.  Now comes the clean-up and
reconstruction efforts, formation of an interim authority (not government),
and the U.S. vs United Nations debate over who should run the new Iraq.

We leave these topics for future consideration.  This week we focus on the
Assyrian forces in the North and the reaction of the Assyrians living in
the United States.   The Zowaa troops with the help of the American and
Kurdish forces are about to enter the ancient city of Mosul (Nineveh) after
successfully liberating Kirkuk, Sulaimaniya, Ainkawa, and Alqosh.

In two separate articles this week note the interesting contrast between
the interviews conducted with the heads of two Assyrian churches in the
United States:  Mar Ibrahim, Bishop of the Chaldean Catholic Church in
Detroit, and Mar Bawai Soro, Bishop of the Church of the East in
California -- the former opposing the U.S. involvement in Iraq and the
latter agreeing with the U.S. stand in that country.  We will have more on
this in the next issue.

Watch out al-Jazeera, here comes Sargon Dadesho with 1.5 million dollars to
pump up his satellite television.  Ms. Nadia Mirza meets with President
Bush in the White House, and a Fulbright Scholarship recipient will be
studying about Assyrians in Sweden.

For these and much more visit:  http://www.zindamagazine.com.

Our last Week's Poll Result:

Question:  Do you have close relatives living in Baghdad or other major
Iraqi cities?

Total votes: 181

1: Yes        108 (59.67)
2: No                 61 (33.70%)
3: Only friends, no relatives   12 (6.63%)

Enjoy this week's issue and be sure to visit our homepage for daily updates
from Iraq and elsewhere.

Z-Crew