Re: [casi] Where are the demonstrators, a reply from flagstaff, az.

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Dear Bob: You're right. Our peace group is struggling with similar problems.
But here's a possible answer. Educate and organize your community around two
areas: a) as many photos as possible from Al-jazeera news should be
distributed and raised on placards before city hall that reveal the horrible
effects of our bombs on Iraqi children and adults. People need to see what
Bush's high moral tone of bringing democracy to Iraq, etc. means in reality.
People need to see that he's a liar and a murderer, b) as much information as
possible (brochures, town hall meetings, teach-ins) needs to get out about DU
('depleted uranium') weapons, cluster bombs, FAEs, ELFs, mini-nukes, bunker
busters, microwave weapons...In short, the weapons of the US military that are
weapons of mass destruction and need to be catalogued and described to as many
people as possible. Their effects on people need to be known, who makes them
(e.g., Raytheon in Texas), their profitability to certain individuals in the
government, their tax-funding. Organize and make links with other groups on
this. Daniel.