Re: [casi] British Find Hundreds of Boxes of Remains

Dear Ahmed and list

Of course I don't know if this is the explanation of the bodies found near
Basra or not but, on the basis of the little we do know, it is certainly
possible:

http://english.aljazeera.net/topics/article.asp?cu_no=1&item_no=1891&version
=1&template_id=277&parent_id=258

*  Remains of 200 killed in Iran-Iraq war found near Basra

[.....]

Al Jazeera television quoted an unnamed Iraqi official in Basra as saying
the remains were those of Iraqi soldiers killed in the 1980-1988 war with
Iran and recently repatriated by Tehran.

The official said the start of the Anglo-American war on Iraq prevented
officials from returning the bodies to their families.

Iran and Iraq still exchange prisoners and bodies even though the war ended
15 years ago and the last prisoner swap took place on March 19 ­ a day
before the start of the current war. --- Al Jazeera with agencies