[casi] FWD: Farm bombed, and 'friendly' attack

Here are 2 articles published by Shia News: the
people who failed to be overjoyed by the 'liberators'.
(Sorry if it has been posted before.)

1. US/UK bombs hit a farm near Baghdad - killed were
20 civilians, including 11 children. "That is Bush's
democracy... Look what they've done to our families,"
said a survivor. US and British war planners deny all
civilian bombings - blaming the Iraqi government.

2. A 'friendly' attack: "He had absolutely no regard for
human life.  He was a cowboy out on a jolly,"

----------------Start Fwd----------------
http://www.shianews.com/hi/middle_east/news_id/0000767.php

Published on: Monday, 27 Muharam 1424 (31 March 2003)

20 civilians, including 11 children, killed by American
and British air strike near Baghdad

Kuwait

By Ibrahim Khalili

Twenty civilians, including 11 children, were killed on
Saturday when a night time air raid by American and
British warplanes hit a farm near Baghdad.

The dead also included seven women and two men belonging
to five families.

Another 10 people were wounded in the attack, according to
relatives who survived the bombardment, which destroyed
three homes in the Al-Janabiin suburb on the edge of
Baghdad.

Neighbours told an AFP journalist that two missiles fired
by coalition warplanes Saturday night caught five sleeping
families living on the farm.

The victims have already been buried according to Muslim
tradition but the smell of death still permeates the farm.

The bombing also cost the life of several of the farm's
animals. Carcasses of cows, dogs, sheep and chickens lay
motionless at the scene of the bombing.

"Five children were turned into human torches in this
house because of the gas cylinders inside," one of the two
survivors told the journalistr, wondering how God spared
him while four other family members were wounded.

"Their bodies protected me because I was in a corner."

"That is Bush's democracy. They want us to welcome them
with flowers. Look what they've done to our families," a
neighbour said holding missile debris in his hands.

AFP journalists have witnessed five such incidents in
which civilians were the primary victims of a coalition
strike, reporting at least 70 dead and dozens of wounded.

US and British war planners have repetdly declared their
intent to minimise civilian casualities and accuse the
Iraqi regime of using civilians as human shields.
###

http://www.shianews.com/hi/europe/news_id/0000417.php

Published on: Monday, 27 Muharam 1424 (31 March 2003)

'He was a cowboy out on a jolly';
British soldier describes U.S. pilot

London, UK

By Syed Faisal

"He had absolutely no regard for human life. He was a
cowboy out on a jolly," one of the three survivors of yet
another friendly attack by an American anti-tank aircraft,
told reporters. One British soldier was also killed.

The attack also destroyed two armoured vehicles.

The incidence had occured 35 miles north of Basra leaving
one soldier missing, presumed dead, and another in
intensive care on the hospital ship RFA Argus. A sixth
Household Cavalry soldier escaped without injury when the
two Scimitar light tanks were destroyed.

     [Trooper Chris Finney]

Lieutenant Alex MacEwen, 25, Lance Corporal of Horse
Steven Gerrard, 33, and Trooper Chris Finney, 18, were
flown home last night with shrapnel wounds and burns.

The three spoke of their anger that despite flying very
low over their heads, the A10 pilot apparently failed to
recognise the coalition identification markings on their
British made tanks.

"All this kit has been provided by the Americans. They've
said if you put this on, you won't get shot", Trooper
Chris Finney told a journalist from The Times .

"We can identify a friendly vehicle from 1500 meters, yet
you've got an A10 with advanced technology and he can't
use a thermal sight to identify whether a tank is a friend
or foe. It's ridiculous."

He further said, "Combat is what I'v been trained for. I
can command my vehicle. I can keep it from being attacked.
What I have not been trained to do is look over my
shoulder to see whether an American is shooting at me. Its
ridiculous."