[casi] Aid and reconstruction figures

I've been trying to put together some figures for various amounts of aid pledged by various
governments.
So far I've got:

1) UK (DfID): 210m pounds
(120m for DfID's work in Iraq 2003/4; 50m for humanitarian agencies; 40m set aside for further
contributions to the immediate humanitarian problem)
http://wwww.reliefweb.int/w/rwb.nsf/480fa8736b88bbc3c12564f6004c8ad5/ea8077f916a88c4b85256cf70075e057?OpenDocument

2) Australia: 100.5m Australian Dollars
(17.5m for unspecified humanitarian aid; 100,000 tonnes of Australian wheat at 38m; 45m for
handling, processing, distribution)
http://wwww.reliefweb.int/w/rwb.nsf/480fa8736b88bbc3c12564f6004c8ad5/abd25d6d67e423a449256cf800196a5d?OpenDocument

3) Romania: unknown
Will despatch medical teams, drinking and mineral water, medicine, medical equipment, foodstuffs,
clothing, shoes, and tents
http://wwww.reliefweb.int/w/rwb.nsf/480fa8736b88bbc3c12564f6004c8ad5/8f9d2c346dd9115dc1256cf7005e8182?OpenDocument

4) USA: 2.4bn US dollars allocated by budget supplemental for both aid and reconstruction
(Thus far accounted for: 16.3m for stockpiled emergency supplies; 300m for food purchases; 206m for
humanitarian relief organisations via USAID, (of which?) 60m for WFP logistics, 10m for WHO, 7m for
IOM (International Organisation for migration, 8m for UNICEF water/health/sanitation, ); 600m for
construction contracts, which at present have mainly gone to US companies with "security
clearances")
http://www.usaid.gov/iraq/
http://www.state.gov/p/nea/rls/rm/19051.htm (USAID briefing, 25/03/03)
http://wwww.reliefweb.int/w/rwb.nsf/480fa8736b88bbc3c12564f6004c8ad5/f210f5fc9852814c85256cf70059d8d4?OpenDocument
 (UNDPI humanitarian briefing, 28/03/03)

5) European Union: 100m euros
(from Emergency Aid Reserve, 79m of which still awaits approval by European Council)
http://wwww.reliefweb.int/w/rwb.nsf/480fa8736b88bbc3c12564f6004c8ad5/ea8077f916a88c4b85256cf70075e057?OpenDocument

6) Canada: 100m Canadian dollars
(of which immediate allocation of 20m to CARE Canada, UN agencies and Red Cross)
http://www.acdi-cida.gc.ca/cida_ind.nsf/vLUAllDocByIDEn/636A2AFA0F8E6B1E85256CF400585A09?OpenDocument

7) Japan: approx. 112.53m US dollars (40bn yen), although most, it seems, actually to Jordan
(3.3m for emergency medical activities by Japanese NGOs; 5.03m for advance procurement by UNHCR,
WFP, UNICEF; 100m to Jordan to alleviate "economic impact" of situation in Iraq; 4.2m to
Palestinian refugees via UNRWA)
http://www.reliefweb.int/w/rwb.nsf/c7ca0eaf6c79faae852567af003c69ca/a169366f096e743549256cf50028caa7?OpenDocument

If anyone has any more recent or further information, it'd be very useful.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Christ's College
Cambridge CB2 3BU
07712 655130
mhl24@cam.ac.uk
"We had a great day. We killed a lot of people" - Sergeant Eric Schrumpf, 5th Marine Regiment (NY
Times, 28/03/03)
"I'm sorry," the sergeant said. "But the chick was in the way."
www.camsaw.org.uk