Re: [casi] BBC radio 4 moral maze

I think you did very well to pick this up Abi.

I heard Sama Haddad say on that program: "sanctions did not kill
people ..."

I have previously complained to the list moderator about having
people on this List and Sama in particular who are obviously
'sanctions denyers'.

What is interesting is how much airtime she and other members of the
IPO get here in the UK. They have no constituency in Iraq and are
only a recent creation. The media thirst for pure anti Saddam Hussein
and they provide it.

On 27 Mar 2003 at 16:46, Abi Cox wrote:

> My question to Sama is this: assuming that you are the same Sama Hadad
> who appeared on BBC radio 4's 'moral maze' (broadcast yesterday), why
> were you making claims about the sanctions that are demonstrably
> untrue? You stated, for example, that the 'oil for food' programme
> would be sufficient to meet the humanitarian needs of the Iraqi
> population if Saddam Hussein did not mismanage it.

Mark Parkinson
Bodmin
Cornwall