[casi] Korea: Iraqi "concentration camps"?

Keep up the war protests.  excerpted from article below-

"Analysts cast doubt over the passage of the administration-led bill amid
mounting anti-war public protests. ..."

[From today's Korean Herald -] S Korea March 27

Seoul: Additional troops unlikely

 The Defense Ministry said yesterday that an additional dispatch of troops
to the U.S.-led war on Iraq is unlikely, confirming reports that Washington
recently sounded out whether Seoul can provide more medics to work at
post-war prison camps.

"I believe there will not be a further dispatch of troops to the Middle East
area. We conveyed this position to the Foreign Ministry," said Col. Sim
Yong-shik, who runs the policy coordination division at the ministry.

He said Washington's Office of Reconstruction and Human Affairs, which is
affiliated to the U.S. Department of Defense, asked the Seoul's Foreign
Ministry Monday whether Korea can send more medics to help staff post-war
prison camps.

"I would say it was not an official request for the troop dispatch. The
United States tried to tag our position on the dispatch of medical staffers
to concentration camps," Sim told reporters.

The remarks came one day ahead of a parliamentary vote on a motion calling
for the dispatch of 600 military engineers and 100 medics. Analysts cast
doubt over the passage of the administration-led bill amid mounting anti-war
public protests.

Earlier in the day, the Defense Ministry raised a possibility that it might
send some of the 100 medics, which it intends to send, at post-war prison
camps to provide medical service to Iraqi prisoners and war criminals.

"We have reviewed whether to position some of medical staffs at post-war
prison camps," said Brig. Gen. Hwang Young-soo, the ministry spokesman.

"Washington raised the matter concerning building new concentration camps,
supplying food to prisoners and providing them with medical services," he
said.

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/html_dir/2003/03/28/200303280027.asp