[casi] US is asking for ceasefire negotiations??

I got this second-hand. Does anyone know more?
Sounds like a trick to break the Iraqis
momentum...?

e.s.

aljazeerah.info News

> A US delegation arrived in Amman in its way to Baghdad
> for ceasefire negotiations
> Abu Dhabi, Alittihad Daily, 3/26/2003 -- The UAE
> leading semi-official daily newspaper, Alittihad,
> reported today that a US government delegation has
> arrived in Amman, Jordan, yesterday in its way to
> Baghdad for negotiations with the Iraqi
> government about an immediate ceasefire.
> A diplomatic source told Alittihad that the US
> government delegation included four leading members of
> Congress as well as Elizabeth Cheney, the daughter of
> the US Vice President Dick Cheney, representing the US
> Department of State, where she works as an Assistant to
> the Deputy of the Secretary of State for Middle Eastern Affairs.

http://www.aljazeerah.info/26%20news/US%20delegation%20arrived%20in%20Amman%
20in%20its%20way%20to%20Baghdad%20for%20ceasefire%20negotiations%20%20aljaze
erah.info.htm