Re: [casi] Napalm

Dear Andrew & List,

This isn't a direct answer to your question about organisations who could
give the information you require (i.e. napalm used during the so-called
'First Gulf War'?). There are a number of possibles, e.g.
Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, maybe archival material with CASI
& other groups opposed to illegal pre-emptive strikes on Iraq. If you have
access to a good Library, looking 'napalm' up in the Indexes of Iraq-War
literature, maybe trying 'The Times' Index for 1991 etc. But please bear in
mind: napalm or not isn't the whole story - there may be numerous other,
probably illegal, weapons used, which may well be equivalent to destruction
caused by napalm.

May I reccommend this website (unless you're already familiar with it):
http://www.deoxy.org/wc/warcrime.htm
It is 'WAR CRIMES - A Report on United States War Crimes Against Iraq to
the Commission of Inquiry for the International War Crimes Tribunal'.
By Ramsey Clark and Others. A quote follows: "...the "Highway of
Death"...The clear rapid incineration of the human being (illustrated by
photo of the burnt corpse of an Iraqi driver. BG) suggests the use of
napalm, phosphorus, or other incendiary bombs. These are anti-personnel
weapons outlawed under the 1977 Geneva Protocols."

Do let us know of any findings you may come accross.

Greetings,

Bert G.