Re: [casi] PoW

Well, maybe the Iraqis should give the prisoners the status
of illegal combatants and hold them in cages.

Also Rumsfeld complained about the pictures of dead
Americans. I didn't hear him complain about the pictures of
ripped apart bodies of Taleban fighters who died in Mazar I
Sharif during the prison uprising.

Saibal

Sander Faas wrote:
> [ Presenting plain-text part of multi-format email ]
>
> Hi,
> The hypocrisy knows no limits. Secretary Rumsfeld claimed
this afternoon
> that it was forbidden under Geneva-convention rules to
humiliate prisoners
> of war. This included picturing them.
>
> Now it could be my eye side, but I could swear I have
seen plenty Iraqi PoW
> on television in the last couple of days.
>
> Should we now see this as an American violation of the
Geneva-convention?