Re: [casi] more 'stupid' iraqis

Hi,

BBC world just broadcasted a totally different story from a commentator
saying reports from journalist travelling behind the troops tell the story
of Iraqi civilians complaining about the American presents in their country
and accusing the Americans they were just there to steal the Iraqi oil.
 The same commentator suggested the fierce resistant could maybe be
explained by the fact the Iraqi army isn't so much fighting for Saddam but
far more against the Americans. Indicating the level of pride most Iraqi
have for being Iraqi outweighed their hate for Saddam. They simply didn't
want to see an American rule over their country.

 I guess we will not know the real story at least until this war is over and
even then it will be a question if we ever find out the truth.

 But it strikes me as odd that we have seen almost no pictures of Iraqi
civilians, let alone pictures of Iraqi civilians celebrating the arrival of
the Americans. You would think the US military would go out of its way in
exploiting this images if they would exist.

 The few pictures of civilians I saw showed people happy Saddam's rule was
over but in no way cheering the American soldiers.

SanderFaas
Faaz@battl.nl
http://battl.nl