RE: [casi] Query on incitement to mutiny - the answer

On the subject of soldiers and the law, if this war is illegal under
international law, does that then make any British soldier who goes guilty
of a war crime? Does obeying orders count as a defence, and conversely, do
soldiers have the right under military law to disobey orders that might,
say, involve them attacking civilians? If the answer to both is no, then
soldiers would seem to be in a Catch-22 situation.

Julie

--On Wednesday, March 19, 2003 10:28 AM +0000 "Chris.Williams"