[casi] the "coalition"

Hey, whoa, guys (and that's not meant to sound patronising... :) )

For the State Department press briefing see:
http://usinfo.state.gov/cgi-bin/washfile/display.pl?p=/products/washfile
/geog/nea&f=03031837.tne&t=/products/washfile/newsitem.shtml

The list:
Afghanistan, Albania, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Colombia, Czech
Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Georgia,
Hungary, Italy, Japan (post conflict), South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania,
Macedonia, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Philippines, Poland, Romania,
Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan.

Afghanistan????  (if you sign up we'll remind ourselves we were supposed
to be helping you)

30's a nice round number, don't you think?
A bit light on Arab and Muslim countries perhaps, but, hey, we've got to
make it look realistic....

quote from State Department spokesman:  "Some of these people are what
you might call boots on the ground"

Cathy

In message <5.1.0.14.2.20030318223024.02651de0@mail.onetel.net.uk>,
Dermot Moynihan <dermoyn@onetel.net.uk> writes
>At 21:47 18/03/03, you wrote:
>
>I suggest you read my mail again and not jump to insulting conclusions. I
>was well aware that it was Sky News. Why do you think I said "This is what
>*they* would like us to think".
>Who the hell do you think *they* is?
>
>We don't need stupid nonsense like this at this time. I suggest you vent
>your anger and disappointment on those who are the cause of it not somebody
>who gives an example of propaganda at work.
>
>Dermot
>

>>As should be obvious the message below was a news story from Sky's website
>>and not, as Dermot appears to think, a statement on behalf of Voices
>>richard
>>Voices

Cathy Aitchison