Re: [casi] landmines

> Did the UK sign the treaty on landmines and if so,
> how can Tony Blair go along with the use of these
> mines in the comming war?

Yes. In fact, it was one of the countries proposing
the treaty.
But that's not all - Tony Blair himself, told the
House of Commons on the 21st of May 1997:
"I can tell my hon. Friend that the Government will
announce later today that we will ban the import,
export, transfer and manufacture of anti-personnel
mines. We shall also phase out the United Kingdom
stocks of anti-personnel land mines and ban the trade
through the United Kingdom of all such land mines.
They have caused enormous carnage, often to wholly
innocent civilians, including children. The sooner
that Britain gives a lead in this the better. It is
the right and civilised thing to do. "

Remember that this was only 20 days after labour was
elected, and we pledged to ban anti-personnel mines
during their election campaign of 1997.
(I havn't resigned - yet - waiting so that I can help
get rid of the fascists (Blair and Blunkett) as soon
as possible)

Alun Harford