Re: [casi] letter to Clare Short-shortc@parliament.uk

In a message dated 10/03/03 21:35:25 GMT Standard Time, dermoyn@onetel.net.uk
writes:

> At 19:00 10/03/03, Tcapj@aol.com wrote:
>
> >Dear M/s Short,
> >
> >I share your intense concern at the thought of Blair going to war without
> UN
> >support, or pretending he has such support when clearly he hasn't. The
> only
> >way that war can be stopped now seems to be if UK refuses to participate,
> >because of the absence of UN approval. I think that your statement is
> >extremely important and that Blair must be made fully aware that UK
> support
> >for his government will completely evaporate if he persists on this
> course. I
> >hope you have started a trend because I am fully aware how concerned so
> many
> >of your colleagues are.
> >
> >Yours sincerely,
> >
> >Christopher Leadbeater
>

> You've just given your approval for going to war with a UN Resolution.
> I trust that was your intention.
>
> Rgds
> Dermot

No it wasn't and it isn't and nor can I read my E Mail that way. I do believe
that we have to live in the real world and accept what help and assistance is
given to us without baying for the moon. There is no chance of getting House
of Commons support at this time AGAINST anything that UN approves of. I
understand your comment, Dermot but lets be grateful to Clare Short for what
we've got and encourage others to do the same. I am beginning to feel that
Blair's position could become intolerable.

Chris