RE: [casi] Hambastegi English 147: People of Iraq don't want war,

[We are off-topic now, so this will have to be my last word in this
exchange.]

Saibal wrote:

"But let's not forget that the Nato bombing caused
the Serbs to take revenge and deport the Albanians
in the first place."

In the minds of some apologists for the Serbs, possibly. In fact the
unprovoked (not 'revenge') attacks on Albanians, with the aim of driving
them out of Kosava, had been going on for years. I was involved in Workers
Aid for Kosova at the time, and I can provide you chapter and verse about
this if you want. After NATO began the war, the Serbian government
intensified and systematised this oppression.

We're not hearing much about the 1999 war, are we? Either from those bits of
the antiwar lobby who say that war outside that UN would be the end of it,
or from those prowar lobbyists who say that the UK and US governments really
really care about the authority of the UN, and are desperate to go to war
rather than see it tarnished.

Chris Williams