Re: [casi] US fails to provide inspectors intelligence

This has been quite evident all along.Plans for the invasion include Special
> "Forces securing bio-weapons and chemical sites. So why were the
inspectors
> informed of where these are? Because then an invasion would not be
> necessary."-- Ken Hanley

Or, is it that an invasion *IS* necessary in order to issue phony
information on "captured chemical sites"?

Will this be the first instance of a "throw-down WMD"? (Like the
unregistered "throw down" guns Houston police used to carry in the trunks of
their police cars when they needed a quick alibi for police misconduct.)

Throw down "docs, letters, videos" are being carried to Baghdad to be
"discovered" by Rumsfeld..

"Embedded" journalists had better "verify" what has been "discovered" or
they will suffer the fate of Peter Arnett after 1991- and they know it.   pg

> This has been quite evident all along.Plans for the invasion include
Special
> Forces securing bio-weapons and chemical sites. So why were the inspectors
> informed of where these are? Because then an invasion would not be
> necessary.
>
> Cheers, Ken Hanly
>

> Intelligence value in Iraq questioned
> Where are all the illegal weapons?
>
> Bob Drogin and Greg Miller
> Los Angeles Times
> Mar. 8, 2003 12:00 AM
>
> UNITED NATIONS - On the eve of a possible war in Iraq, a question looms
> increasingly large: If U.S. intelligence is so good, why are U.N. experts
> still unable to confirm that Saddam Hussein is actively concealing and
> producing illegal weapons?
>
> That troubling issue erupted Friday when top U.N. weapons inspectors
> expressed frustration with the quality of intelligence they have been
given.

> "I would rather have twice the amount of high-quality information about
> sites to inspect than twice the number of expert inspectors to send," Hans
> Blix, who heads the U.N. Monitoring, Verification and Inspection
Commission,