[casi] U.S. Representative says "we'll install a pro-Western dictator"

Friday, February 28, 2003

"You won't have any problem with Saddam. We'll be rid of the bastard
soon  enough. And in his place we'll install a pro-Western dictator,
who will be  good for us and for you." -- U.S. Congressman Tom
Lantos, quoted in the Israeli newspaper Ha'aretz, 9/30/02

[Lantos denies saying this, but Ha'aretz, a respected Israeli daily, stands
by the quote.]

http://www.newamerica.net/index.cfm?pg=article&pubID=1004
<A
HREF="http://www.townhall.com/columnists/jackkemp/jk20030218.shtml">http://www.townhall.com/columnists/jackkemp/jk20030218.shtml</A>

Rep. Tom Lantos:
Background Information

Party: Democrat
Residence: San Mateo
Prev. Occupation: Economist
Prev. Political Exp.: no prior elected office
Education: BA University of Washington, 1949; MA University of Washington,
1950; PhD University of California - Berkeley, 1953
Birthdate: 02/01/1928
Birthplace: Budapest, Hungary
Religion: Jewish

Contact Information