[casi] Democracy Now! A national, listener-sponsored public radio and TV show, pioneeri

http://www.democracynow.org/

Dear Friends,
   Democracy Now for Wednesday plays an important documentary about the Children In Iraq.  I also
wanted to draw your attention to something I found on the internet at the web site
http://boston.indymedia.org. I've written some of it below.

Feb. 28.2003
  All US Patriots who oppose a war against Iraq are called to walk in the footsteps of
Gandhi and Martin Luther King by joining a national citizens strike on Friday  Feb. 28th.

In the tradition of nonviolent direct action, those who support peace will on that day refuse to
collaborate with our government's plan to launch a war for oil against a country that is already
devastated by twelve years of US led bombing and sanctions, a country
in which at least a million innocent civilians have died at our hands, and a country that has no
way to defend itself.

On Feb. 28th, we will instead bring business as usual to a halt and engage in peacemaking
work in every town and city all over this nation.

By taking this action, we demonstrate to our government leaders that they  DO NOT have our consent
to inflict yet more suffering and death on the people of Iraq.

By taking this action, we demonstrate to our government leaders that we are not willing to exchange
young American lives for the oil reserves that lie beneath Iraqi   soil.

By taking this action, we demonstrate to our government leaders that we see through their
fear-mongering, disinformation, and news control.

By taking this action, we demonstrate to our government leaders that they can expect
widespread active resistance to any war they choose to launch with such callous disregard for the
human cost.

by taking this action, we put the powers in Washington DC on notice that the people of the US still
do have the power too and are not about to relinquish it to those who neither represent our
interests nor speak in our name.

Boycott, Boycott. Media distributor   Murdock  here in the US bangs the drums of war continually
here in the US. I would suggest boycotting all and any of his holdings.
 Here in the US and in the UK. And  not just on Feb. 28.
  Money seems to be the only language,these folks who want war understand; I think we need to think
how to hurt them heavily in their pocketbooks.
Peace to all.   Sincerely,  Peggy