[casi] Fw: Iraq action update

TITLESomething quick everyone can do.

Cheers

Glenn.

Dear Friend,
On 30th January Oxfam launched an email petition calling on Tony Blair not to start a war on Iraq.

I am delighted to say that we have had a fantastic response from supporters with over 14,000 people
taking action. However the deadline for submitting our email petition is fast approaching.

Together we can make a real difference - all we need is your action. Please take a minute to send a
message to Tony Blair and to spread this email to your friends, family and colleagues.

Email Prime Minister Tony Blair at:
www.oxfam.org.uk/iraqactnow

The people of Iraq are still suffering the effects of bombing during the 1991 Gulf War. Twelve
years of economic sanctions, and their own government's policies, have made things worse.

Nearly two-thirds of Iraqis - more than 15 million people - depend entirely on food rations
distributed by their government. Any attack, particularly if it destroys roads and bridges, could
stop the food reaching those people.

When Oxfam aid workers first entered Iraq at the end of the 1991 Gulf War, they found a public
health disaster. There was sewage in the streets because air strikes had destroyed the electricity
supplies, which powered sanitation systems. Twelve years later, much of that damage has still not
been repaired. Similar attacks now could make things even worse.

Those who propose war have not yet shown that any threat from Iraq is so imminent that it justifies
the risk of so much human suffering. For more information see: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/iraqaction

TAKE ACTION NOW:

  a.. Email Prime Minister Tony Blair at: www.oxfam.org.uk/iraqactnow
  b.. Forward this email to 15 or more friends, family or colleagues.
Thank you for your support,

Anna MacDonald
Conflict Campaign Manager
Oxfam GB

PS Due to an overwhelming response when we launched this action, we experienced technical
difficulties which meant some people were unable to take the action. These problems have now been
resolved. If you tried and didn't get through please try again!

If you've had this passed to you by a friend and want to receive email updates yourself, visit:
www.oxfam.org.uk/iraqaction

If you have any questions, please call 01865 312 610 or e-mail campaigning@oxfam.org.uk In the
subject line, please write "Iraq" and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.

The email address you registered with us is kcnl@globalnet.co.uk.

If you would like to receive emails from Oxfam in text only, change your preferences here:
http://www.processrequest.com/quickstart/switchformat.asp?c=ZbjijeifgeFE

If you wish to know more about Oxfam's email privacy policy, please visit: www.oxfam.org.uk/privacy/

If you do not wish to receive future emails, or if you have received this message in error, please
accept our apologies and simply click here to unsubscribe.

Oxfam works with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering. Oxfam is a company
limited by guarantee and registered in London No. 612172. Registered office 274 Banbury Road,
Oxford, United Kingdom OX2 7DZ. Registered Charity No. 202918. Tel: +44 (0) 1865 312610.