[casi] Re: Foot-Shooting?

Dear Antony & List,

Have just seen your message re. Blair's speech - this is my contribution
towards keeping the momentum going, although at risk of being seen as a
"conspiracy theorist".

Let's get straight to the major, concluding, point you make: that talk of
Israel as a motive for American aggression should be avoided. Really?
I beg to differ, in fact, aren't you playing into the hands of those
who wish to perpetuate the status quo, in Palestine, which, in practise
means gradually destroying the lives of Palestinians, depriving them of
livelihoods, homes, agricultural lands, the right to travel etc., in fact,
destroying anything which makes life worthwhile. Israel has been treating
the Palestinians with contempt, since many years, those Israeli-Jewish
citizens who deny that are either totally ignorant or caught up in a web of
self-deceit. Racism in any shape or form is obnoxious, including
anti-Semitism. But to deny people their right to respect and dignity, and
ultimately, forcing them off their own lands, is, surely, by any moral or
(normal)legal standards, crimes - on a massive, organised, scale - against
humanity. To, as you seem to be doing, advocate silence, is exactly what the
occupiers wish. Inadvertently, you may be colluding in the suppression of
the Palestinian people. In saying that, it is not my intention to insult
you, although you may not like what I say. People need to shed the layers of
propagandistic brain-washing, then to look, very seriously, at what is being
done in their name. - Should talk of Israel be avoided? On the contrary, in
the pursuit of truth, silence isn't neccessarily always the best ally! Free
Palestine!

Greetings,

Bert Gedin.