[casi] Blair's speech -- keep the momentum going

I know everyone's knackered but...

I've spoken to a couple of non-activist people who were quite impressed with
Blair's rhetoric on Saturday (getting rid of Saddam would be a humanitarian
act etc). This is the argument he has resorted to and the one that it seems
convinces most people: he's nasty, therefore get rid of him; simple.

That's the line I think we, as activists, need to be addressing most
urgently.

Blair seems to be trying to ignore the many complicated consequences of war
(I think he knows he's lost those arguments now) and to reduce the issue in
people's minds to a simple black and white choice: get rid of Saddam or
leave him. In my view we should be responding quickly and in numbers to this
argument by pointing out the assumptions in this line, and all the points it
leaves unanswered.

Letters, phone polls, email polls, MPs surgeries stalls, vigils etc.

Hundreds of thousands of people are feeling energised from Saturday's
amazing events. Lets keep the momentum going -- it would be a shame for the
spirit of the demo to disappear out of sight again under the weight of
propaganda.

Cheers

Glenn.