[casi] Iraq's Water System

Thanks to Cathy Aitchison for getting the ball rolling with her letter,
which I've adapted here for U.S. use:

Re:  Iraq's Water System

Particularly with the proposed use by the U.S. of 3,000 Tomahawk Cruise
missiles and the new E-bomb, I write to express my concern at the damage
our government will cause to the infrastructure in Iraq if we go to war.
I am particularly concerned about the water system, already badly
damaged during the 1991 Gulf War and largely un-restored because of
sanctions.  New damage would have a devastating effect for many years on
the health of the Iraqi people, especially children.

As I'm sure you are aware, 2003 is the United Nation's "Year of
Freshwater," and March 22 is "World Water Day."  In the light of this, I
would be grateful if you could answer the following questions:

- What will you as President of the United States be doing to help
restore fresh water to Iraq on March 22 and during 2003?

- If the U.S. is at war with Iraq on March 22, what steps will you, as
President, take on that day to ensure that the U.S. does not contravene
the spirit of the U.N. General Comment on water as a human right, signed
in Geneva on November 27, 2002?

Yours sincerely,

For writing a letter, the address is

President George W. Bush