Re: [casi] dossier

May I suggest that we ask some of the following questions in letters to
newspapers and MPs:

1. how many other dossiers are plagiarized
2. whether the officials responsible will be sacked
3. how far this reflects a wider culture of dishonesty

Link 3 to:
a) Blair's statement that Iraq threw out the weapons inspectors.  After
Paxman corrected him (the inspectors were withdrawn by the UN ahead of US
bombing), Blair tried to claim that the inspectors were "effectively"
thrown out.  I found this very dishonest, and very obviously so, and
hopefully so did many other viewers.
b) Blair's claim that the sanctions on Iraq have been devastating to the
civilian population because of the way Saddam implements them.  Surely
there are UN documents etc which disprove this canard.

Possibly link point 1 to the Guardian's report that Voices have found
something that might be dodgy in an earlier dossier: "One anti-war group,
Voices in the Wilderness, identified a passage from No 10's September
dossier directly traceable to Saddam Secrets, a book by Tim Trevan
published in 1999."  (
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/foreignaffairs/story/0,11538,891578,00.html )

Richard