Re: [casi] all UK articles on plagiarised dossier

--- Sanjoy Mahajan <> wrote:
> Here are all the articles so far in the UK press,
> all from today (7
> Feb), in the order included below:
> 1. Financial Times, `Government document contains
> errors' (p. 2)
> 2. Independent, `The Iraq crisis: propaganda -
> Downing Street accused
>    of dossier plagiarism old articles' (p. 2)
> 3. Press Association, `No. 10 accused of
> plagiarising Iraq dossier'
> 4. Guardian, `UK dossier lifted evidence' (p. 5)
> I found no articles in the US press, surprise, or
> anywhere else.  If
> you find any let me know.
> I've written to the "Democracy Now!" radio programme
> in America -- the
> only free speech on the airwaves there -- pointing
> them to the Channel
> 4 story.  They've interviewed Glen before so maybe
> again.
> The FT article skillfully downplays the story.  The
> headline mentions
> 'errors' rather than plagiarism or even 'lifting'
> (the Guardian).  The
> lead paragraph says only that `researchers' claim it
> is a
> cut-and-paste job, as if it's just one of many
> opinions on the report.
> Perhaps the news broke too late last night for UK
> papers to include a
> full story
Not really true. I sent all the news people I could
think of, an e-mail forwarding "that e-mail" about 15
minutes after it hit my inbox. That was Wednesday.

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, visit
To contact the list manager, email
All postings are archived on CASI's website: