[casi] Plagiarism - this dossier and what else?

The BBC interviewed Ibrahim al-Marashi, the PhD student who wrote the
original thesis and article - the report was on Newsnight last night and
on the BBC radio news bulletins all this morning.

This also raises the question of how much of the other intelligence has
been gathered in this way - is this why the public are not allowed to
see the 'evidence'?

Can we now interpret 'not wanting to endanger our sources' as really
meaning 'not wanting to reveal what we have plagiarised'?

Menzies Campbell (Liberal Democrats) made a revealing comment on
Newsnight last night in response to the plagiarism:  he said that he
hoped that the author(s) did not get paid for such a sloppy [?can't
remember exact word] piece of work.

Perhaps this indicates that the dossiers are being put together by
consultants bought in for the purpose and that Parliamentarians are
aware of this?

All the best
Cathy Aitchison

--