[casi] Frankenstein Policies.

Thomas J. Nagy, Ph.D.
Assoc. Prof. of Expert Systems
George Washington Univ. Sch. of Business & Public Mgt.
Washington, D.C. 20052.

Dear Tom,

Good to have your recent message, together with a number of positive
suggestions (which, I expect, will be taken note of). I can't recall having
said thet you erred about anything. But even if I was critical about certain
aspects, it would not have been intended as disrespect for you & your very
admirable work, in various realms. Personally, non-expert, yet I see some
merit in the child who cannot appreciate the Emperor's, allegedly, new
clothes. My own gut-feeling, together with
limited knowledge, tells me that bombings of civilian infra-structure, in
the Gulf War, was meticulously & deliberately planned (Jack Nicholson
in 'Psycho' comes to mind). The evidence seems overwhelming.

Many sources could be quoted from, but let me cite from Dilip Hiro's
'Desert Shield to Desert Storm': "Allied bombing of Iraq's water, fuel and
electricity supplies and facilities had been more successful. This caused
shortages in Baghdad and other cities. Many observers failed to see how the
bombing of the economic infrastructure of Iraq could be presented as part of
the 'surgical war' the allies claimed to be waging.
This was one of the major points raised by the leaders of the anti-war
protest."

Then the terror forecast by Harlan Ullman. Seems he taught at the National
War College (even had Colin Powell as one of his students). Does he really
want to turn Baghdad into a Hiroshima? Is his military philosophy of "shock
and awe" serious? There is talk of Baghdad
being smashed with up to 800 cruise missiles in the first two days. "We
want them to quit. We want them not to fight. "So you take the city down.
You get rid of their power, water...".

Maybe you could tell us all a bit more of such 'thinking', & the people who
generate it. And if they've undergone sanity testing?

Greetings,

Bert G.