Re: [casi] Effects of sanctions on child deaths

--- John Simons <John.Simons@lshtm.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear List
>
> Can anyone refer me to published papers or reports
> that offer a convincing explanation (grounded in
> evidence) of why the effect of sanctions on child
> deaths was so much greater in the South/Centre of
> Iraq than in the 'autonomous' region in the North?
That would be an extreemly difficult task to perform
without a team of people in Iraq. The 'civilised'
world always insists that although the Iraqis cannot
treat their water properly and cannot import
nessersary drugs, and that it used DU, and that it
bombed Al-Amariyeh, it never has killed any children.
The only 'respected' document that states otherwise is
the famous one from UNICEF (to the best of my
knowledge), avaliable on the CASI website,
www.casi.org.uk

Nothing is ever as simple as it seems is it :)

Alun