Fw: [casi] No war no sloution

This
> > is campaign against sanctions on iraq list, not campaign against war in
> > iraq. automatically any body on this list knows horror of sanctins in my
> > country. this will continue to happen if there is no action- so all
these
> > nice people against wars actually support many deaths due to sanctions
and
> > due to Saddam. and they say we are against sanctions also. and then what
> did
> > you do. post messages to this list for 10 years?
> > No body has done anything to help end iraq suffering for 10 years. so
when
> > america wants to end it- and i know it doesnt do it out of liking for
us.
> > then these people say no! we want more inspections and more sanctions
and
> > more killed iraqi and children.
> > some american action is only way to end sanctions on iraq.

 It seems to me that you are saying that the end justifies the means. A war
 probably WOULD end the sanctions, but
 that is not a justification for war, in my opinion. If the end justifies
the
 means then one could make out a case for supporting Hitler at points in
WW11
 when it seemed the Nazis were likely to win the war, on the grounds that
 this would end the war quicker and save some of the 50 million lives that
 the war eventually took. This approach seems intuitively wrong, from a
moral
 point of view. What about all the ill effects which will flow from the
 abandonment of international law and commission of the war crime of
invading
 another country, as well as the innate and dangerous unpredictability of
war
 itself? What about the horrible effects of a war on the Iraqi people? You
 have not even addressed these issues. Finally, blaming anti-war campaigners
 for both deaths under sanctions and deaths in Iraq under Saddam, as you do,
 is clearly just an attempt to demonise people who disagree with you which
 has no basis in fact. It's also insulting, as you must know.

  Regards,  Tim