Re: [casi] Article submitted to ``Eclipse'' the anti-war review

> I know it's not about oil, but I'm going to attempt to
> predict the future for everyone...

Tupac, I realize you are telling me something...very
tactfully. But what?

Suppose it has to do with my response to your Smedley
post. Actually, I was trying to agree both with you and
with Peter Kiernan. And I guess I managed to annoy you
both in one try. Is that it?

Reading over my post, I can see why. It sounds terribly
pedantic and know-all. - It was a spontaneous response
and after I'd pressed the button, I wished I hadn't.

I do think it's about oil, but not just oil for
consumption's sake.

As for the future, something has got to happen to offset
the survival-of-the-greediest mentality by an increasingly
vocal majority.

Here is a quote from an American activist. I take great
comfort in this:

     "I think people in America in the next 10 years will
     make the Vietnam protests look like a garden party. I
     think the courageous ones who stand up to the strange
     people in your government will save America from its
     leaders. I think the government has miscalculated the
     resolve of the American people."

I too hope that you are wrong - and that he is right.

Elga Sutter