[casi] Desert Storm meeting

Dear all

I have some knowledge of the group who are organising this meeting (in
London) and I think I can guarantee that the discussion will be interesting

Peter Brooke

An Open Meeting by The Bevin Society
Hidden
Wars of Desert Storm
Narrated by John Hurt

A video presentation with Voices in the Wilderness. Followed by a discussion
with speakers from Voices in the Wilderness and The Bevin Society.

On August 2nd 1990, Saddam Hussein launched his troops against Kuwait,
triggering the first major international  crisis of the post Soviet era.

But was the invasion a suprise in the first place ?

Were all the diplomatic means really utilised to try and resolve the issue
peacefully ?

Was there really any threat on the part of Iraq against Saudi Arabia or any
of the other Gulf States.

With the crisis in the deepening by the day in the Middle East, just what
are the aims and objectives of the USA and her ally Britain. Is it human
rights and democracy of is it money, power and oil ??

Come along, all welcome

Wed 7th February at 7.30pm
The Printers Room
Red Rose Club