[casi] RE: Cyber War

Dear Elga and List

Many thanks for your response.  It does make me feel
that I am not alone.

I think there are military forums very frequently
visited by people serving in the US military (both
domestically and overseas). No, I don't think D.
Rumsfeld or C Powell will visit these forums and read
my message but a war depends on those who actually
fight it (I assume).  I did write to one of these
forums about the DU issue (because it directly affects
and has already affected these servicemen and women);
and yes, I got tons of verbal assualt for politely
pointing out to them the potential danger of this kind
of weaponry (to them and to the Iraqis) but I also got
one or two sympathetic ears.  Who knows what is the
effect of it?  At worst it has no effect.  But maybe
it inspires people to find out more about Mr Bush's
moral basis for this war and you got a desertion case
and creates lots of publicity.  Or maybe words spread
and undermine the general morales of the US military.
OK, maybe I am a dreamer.  But there must be someone
out there who shares our feelings towards this war and
is from the field of marketing/publicity/consumer
psychology who can do a better job than me in talking
about these things and convincing poeple?  Anyone?  I
am thinking about these things because I am desperate.
 I'd try anything.

I suspect I made my proposal on a "united front" for
different religions lightly because I am not
religious.  But if Khomenei can issue a execution
order on Salman Rushdie, why can't the Pope or whoever
leads Mr Bush's church issue something gentler - a
public censure; I don't know, a ban on him to enter
the church?  Sorry to say this; again, I am
brainstorming in desperation.

I would be interested to know more about the consumer
campaign you were talking about and how it works.
Let's come together and DO SOMETHING WHILE WE CAN!

Jiale