Re: [casi] Mark Twain: on anti-war support

Dear Elga, list,
Since when have we needed to listen to people such as
the pope or Mark Twain regarding politics?  Does the
pope have any clue about what's really going on in
Iraq?  Probably not, and I'll bet neither do most of
the anti-war protesters.  Maybe we should get some
meaningful opinions, like the ones of the Iraqi
people.  People whose lives and futures are being
discussed around the world without their say being
included.  If you happen to read some of the
high-ranking emails from people in Iraq, you'll find
that they'll quickly show their love for Saddam and
their hate for any American interference.  For those
of you who actually believe these people, I'll let you
in on a little secret:
The average Iraqi would welcome the long overdue war
against Saddam with open arms and hearts.  They have
suffered so much because of Saddam, that they would
kiss Ariel Sharon's feet, if he were installed as the
puppet for the Americans after Saddam is ousted.
Castro is not slaughtering the Cuban people for us to
be worrying too much about them right now.  We should
be focusing on the people who are really suffering.
For all you human rights activists: Where have you
been the in the last twenty to thirty years?  Do you
all of a sudden have a voice when the US is finally
helping out the Iraqis?  Where were your voices when
Saddam deported, tortured, and murdered his people?
Why are you all of a sudden interested in the
estimated number of casualties that will take place
when the Americans take out Saddam?  These numbers are
a mere fraction of the number of lives already lost,
and the number of lives that will be lost if Saddam
stays.  The people that die because of a war with Iraq
will end up dying under Saddam's regime.  Most Iraqis
would rather death than the continuity of Saddam's
rule.
Let's pray that the Iraqi people stop suffering by
making sure the American government finally gets rid
of the dictator that inflicts the suffering.
Yours,
Hassan